Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Friday 22 October 2010

Look! It's a Petal Pixie!!!

I have another card to share with you today.....it's for a 70th birthday, but no lavender or lace in sight (no offence to anyone who is partial to a bit of lavender or lace intended!) My mum's best friend is young at heart, and so I have used this fun image on her card.
Made using a Helen Plant download from Cardmaking Downloads, you can buy it here. I adapted it to create this easel card.....(included in the download you basically get what you see in the picture below: the main square shape topper and decoupage elements.)
The sentiment was created on the computer, the additional papers used were from Pink Petticoat. The cute little petal pixie is decoupaged with several layers......
....not a great photo but it gives you an idea. I added a piece of pink ric rac and lime green organza ribbon, and a few gems/pearls from my stash and she's complete!
I now need to make a co-ordinating envie, which means my first chance to try out my Crafter's Companion Enveloper!

Thanks for looking, please leave a comment if you've time, just to let me know you visited!

Big Smiles from Ali x

6 comments:

Debbie L said...

This is Gorgeous with a capital G. Just love the colour combo and the sentiment is spot on. Beautiful card Ali your mum's friend will be over the moon x

claire7q said...

Great card - it would work for any girlie girl between the ages of 7 and 70! bet you really enjoyed cutting out that wand all those times! x

Ria said...

Hey Alf!! lovely card,as always.
Sorry I can't make any crafty comments but you know me......clueless lol xx

Dawn said...

It's beautiful Ali, my mum is in her 70s and would definitely love to recieve this little beauty!
Big Hugs
Dawn xx

Faye said...

Hi Ali, this is such a prety card and I love the pink and green colour combo. xx

Su said...

Another gorgeous card Ali, I am sure your mum's friend will love it as would anyone at any age including me!
Hugs xx