Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Sunday 7 November 2010

Winter Wonderland

With Christmas fast approaching I am very aware that I need to get cracking on those cards, especially those that need to go abroad, so I chose to make another with a few challenges in mind as I went.
The sketch I followed is by Lyn at the Quirky Crafts challenge #38...Spyder's Quirky Sketch. I used Doodlebug Whimsical Winter BPs (asterisk and stripes) along with some pale blue vellum, which I embossed in my cuttlebug Snowflakes folder.
 It therefore fits with the following challenges too: Cute Card Thursday challenge #137....'Gently Does it!' (I used vellum.)  Creative Cottage challenge #26, where the theme is Embossing (I embossed the vellum.)

The image is one of the Cherry Kisses collection at Pollycraft, and is coloured with Promarkers, and I am going to enter it into the I Love Promarkers challenge #39....'Snowflakes.'
I created the sentiment on the computer, using a font called Cool Dots. The large die-cut snowflakes were a freebie sent with an ATC swap last month, and the buttons, card and inks used to colour the edges are from my stash. The card also fits these challenges: Pollycraft challenge #68...'It's Chill Time.'
OSAAT challenge #38....'Winter Wonderland.'
 Paper Sundaes challenge #43....'Let it Snow!'
Crafty Calendar Challenge #14...'Winter Snowflakes.' (Thanks Claire ;) )

Big Smiles from Ali x

19 comments:

Fiona said...

fab card...love the DP and I love how you have embossed the vellum...looks very frosty!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.


Fi

Cazzy said...

Lovely card Ali, thanks for joining us, and being first, over at Quirky Crafts.

Cazzy x

Spyder said...

I love Cool Dots, I'm beginning to think you're a font freak like me too!! Just in case any one else likes it, it is a freebie just google the name!! ... oops almost forgot!! Fabulous card Ali, love the embossing and the velum idea and sooo quick off the mark too! Thank you so much for joining Quirky Crafts Sketch Challenge this time round!!

((Lyn)

Choccy said...

Ooooh thats such a cute card, i love everything about it.
Thanks for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week for our Winter Wonderland challenge.
Good Luck !

Choccy x

Berry said...

What a sweet layout and fab colours! Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT and the creative oottage challenge this time! Hugs Rebekah xx

Unknown said...

Great colours & a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at OSAAt this week

Andrea said...

A beautiful card. Love the colours and paper used.

Tine said...

Lovely card Ali & fab papers. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Karen said...

Really lovely, great snowflakes too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Dawn said...

Fab card as always!!! Well done Ali & good luck in your challenges!!!

Dawn said...

Lol for got to say!!!
Big Hugs
Dawnxxx

claire7q said...

ooh, oooh, you could also enter Crafty Cardmakers (dry embossing) and Crafty Calendar Challenge (winter + snowflakes)! Can you tell I'm raring to make more cards tonight!!! Yours is lovely as always x

WeirdCat said...

Great idea to emboss the vellum, love all the blues, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Lorraine said...

Fabulous, Ali. Love that image (so much, that I have it too) and the vellum is a lovely touch. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Sandy Ang said...

Cool card !

Tracy Valure said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!
Tracy

Vanja said...

Fabulous card! The image is adorable.
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)

Hugs, Vanja

Shana said...

What an adorable image and I love how you've added yellow! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!

Spyder said...

Just popped in to let you all know VOTING has now started (or will do very very soon!!) over on our latest Sketch Challenge on

Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog!

This is something new, we haven't done before, so we'd love you all to go over come and support our first try out, of choosing a winner!
We on the team will pick our favourite but...
the final vote is up to you!!!
If you have entered this sketch challenge now is the time to ask all your buddies to vote for you!! Good Luck!!!