Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Monday 14 February 2011

A Special Day!

The challenge over at Pollycraft this week (#80) is SPECIAL BIRTHDAYS, and it just so happens that a friend of mine became a Grandma today, and gave me the perfect opportunity to make a card and enter the challenge at the same time!

Here's my card:


I followed this week's Sketch Saturday sketch (week 142), so am also entering that challenge too!

 The image is a freebie called 'baby Roger' by Helen Laurence and can be found on her 'Ellephantastic blog' here. I coloured him with Promarkers and cut him with my lacey circle nesties. He is mounted onto pink glittercard, with tiny pink gems.

 There is a pink gingham bp, glittercard, grosgrain and organza ribbon, layered according to the sketch, and the sentiments are computer generated using Cool Dots font, one cut using a nestie, the other on the guillotine. As you can see, little Heidi arrived today, weighing 5lbs 15ozs. 


I also added some flower buttons, which I filled with Stickles in an upturned Card Candy dot!


Finally I added some flat-backed pearls, a die-cut photo corner and inked the edges to finish.

I would also like to enter the following challenges:
Thanks for looking!


16 comments:

lalkygirl said...

what a sunning card,beautifully coloured and your layout and embellies are fantastic....love it thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck
tracey x

Catherine said...

Oh Sweetie what an adorable card ! This teddy is too cute and I love the "dressed" buttons ! What a fab idea !

Sue said...

Hi ya
aww adorable card, cute image, lovely papers & design,thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi , Ah this is super I love Baby Roger he is so cute. Your card is just right for our Birthday Celebrations on OSAAT.Thanks for playing along with us. I am one of the Design Team with candy so feel free to pop over and put your name down for it. Hazelxo

Lorraine said...

Ali, it's just lovely and I really like what you've done with the card candy. Super idea. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers for our first birthday this week.

Debbie L said...

Ali this is simply gorgeous Debbie will be overwhelmed with it - sooo beautiful in every way. xx

Karen said...

So cute and pretty too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Julie said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us for our 1st Birthday Challenge at I ♥ Promarkers.
Julie W x

Josephine said...

So pretty! I love that combination of nesties - so effective.

Thanks for joining the Pretty challenge at One Stitch at a Time.

SemSee said...

Awww, this is so precious! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday. Good luck! Hugs, Sem x

Paddington fan said...

Aww, this is one cute bear and a very lovely card. Thanks for showing us your bear at Lexi's and also thanks for sharing your pretty creation with us at the One stitch at a Time birthday party! Love Jacky x

Sheena said...

A perfect new baby card. Thanks for joining us at CES this week! Sheena xx

Dragonlady said...

Hi Ali

Great cute baby card, thank you for playing at Die Cut Dreams.

Hugs Ali x

Lynsey said...

This is a wonderful card! Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge this week.
Hugs Lynsey x

Lauretta See said...

this is adorable... and beautiful! Thank you for joining our challenge over at Craft your passion.. hope you will join us again on the new challenge tomorrow ;) HUGS X

Susie Sugar said...

This is so cute Ali thanks so much for joining us at the DCD challenge this time
Hugs Susie Sugar xx