Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Monday 7 February 2011

The Wiggles!!!!!

As some of you already know, my youngest son, little Noah, has autism, and we are very lucky to attend an Opportunity Group for pre-school children (and their parents) twice a week. I am honoured to make the children's birthday cards as and when birthdays come around, and tomorrow is Rupert's birthday. Here's the card I have made:


Rupert absolutely LOVES The Wiggles! He was born with a double cleft which after several operations is looking fantastic, and he also wears hearing aids due to partial deafness.
I got the image from the Net, double layered it, made computer generated sentiments, die cut stars, a stars BP and red card to make this card.......his mum said he would be thrilled with a card that has his name on, as 'Rupert' isn't a name you see appearing on many shop-bought cards!!!

Once Noah is at school (from September this year,) I am going to work as a volunteer at the Group......they have helped both Noah and me so much, I want to try and support people going through similar experiences if I can.


Thanks for looking!


3 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

I'm sure Rupert will love it and I think it's a great idea going to volunteer at a place that has helped you so much and I am sure from your personal expierences you will be a great help to other that go through the same as you
Jacki xx

Debbie L said...

Fab card Ali, and I know that Rupert and his mum were chuffed to pieces with it :D

Sounds like you're going to be busier than ever in September - I'm sure you'll be a great asset to the group if you do volunteer.

Take care love, hugs as ever xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oh what a wonderful card for a boy! Love the bright and fun colours, all the details and the name are just perfect.

I'm sure you'll be a great support for other families in the same situation as you are, there's nothing better than experience.

Hugs and love
Maarit