Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Sunday 20 March 2011

Use a Digi Challenge

Gooooooooooooooood Morning lovelies, welcome to my little corner of blogland this fine Sunday!

Today's challenge at THE CRAFTY PAD is going to be VERY popular, I just know it! All we are asking this week, is that you all

** USE A DIGI  **

Yes, it really is that easy! We want to see your digi images this week, and I for one can't wait to see the wonderful array of cards you all come up with! Now, this is just a personal ask from lil' ole me, and NOT a requirement of the challenge, but it would be GREAT if you could put a link to where you got your digi from....that way, when we love what we see, we too can go shopping!!!!!! Lol!!!!

Our sponsor this week is Joanna Sheen, and she is offering one lucky winner a £10 voucher to spend in her shop.

Everyone on the DT this week used one of Debbie's delightful 'window' digis, which you can find in the TCP shop.


Such a girly, adorable image, I wanted to use some spring colours, so I chose papers from a kit I bought from Scrapbookingmad called green daisy flowerpot (unfortunately this is no longer available.) The image was coloured with Promarkers and mounted using foam pads.


I matted and layered the DPs onto yellow card, and added some grosgrain ribbon and a bow to the left hand side. I also added some pins from Wild Orchid Crafts.


The paper flower at the bottom was handmade....my first attempt using the rolled spiral technique, and I was quite pleased with the result! I added gold Stickles to the centre, and cut the leaf from the same card as the matting/layering.


I added a few blooms to the top left (again from WOC,) and a ticket senti distressed with ink to complete. I thought the senti was perfect, as the little girl looks as if she's gazing out of the window daydreaming (maybe of her prince charming, or the hope of warmer Spring weather to come.....who knows!!!)

The DT made some beautiful cards this week, well let's be honest, they come up trumps every week! Don't forget to take a look when you are there to enter your card, and visit their blogs to see how they made their creations too.

I am entering my card into he following challenges:
Thanks for looking, and please leave a comment if you have time, I love to know what you think of what I've made (good or bad!!!)

21 comments:

WencheP said...

Such a cute card. Very sweet image and I love the soft colors. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Elaine ♥ said...

Fab card, lovely image and colouring, love the flower too, very pretty :)

Thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles this week :)

Elaine ♥

Debbie said...

Aww Ali this is just gorgeous, beautiful detail and DP you have used. :) She looks so content looking out her window. :) :)

Debbiexxxxx

Anonymous said...

so beautiful and sweet. Love the flower and your coloring is just perfect.
Thank you so much for joining us at Karens Doodles challenge blog this week.
Good luck.
Dorte aka dot-scrap

Catherine said...

Love the flower technique Ali :) I'll have a go at this challenge soon I hope.

Deb Mitchell said...

Just so, so gorgeous & pretty colours too! Thank you for joining us at Southern Girls

Hugz, Deb

Anne said...

Gorgeous card, great colourwork and lay out
Thanks for playing along with Karen's Doodles and Creative Cottage challenges
Anne x

Janna Werner said...

Gorgeous paper flower and very sweet bow. Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at DYSU this week :) Janna

Jenny said...

Hi Ali
Thanks so much for joining me at my blog. I love to 'meet' new people and exchange ideas. I will be hopping over to see your blog too and I already need to try making that flower. Love it! Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Jenny B

Dawn said...

Great DT card Ali!!!I just love the colours you've used!
Hugs
Dawn xx
PS don't forget it's always Anything goes over at My Grafico! xx

Catherine said...

What a beautiful card Ali ! The image is so cute and I love those colours ! Your flower is gorgeous !

Unknown said...

Super fresh spring look there

kitten DYSU team

Michelle Singer said...

Adorable card. Thanks so much for joining us at Southern Girls this fortnight. I really hope to see you again at our next challenge.
Hugz,
Michelle

Shelly said...

Lovely card, such perfect colours for our Spring challenge! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, Shelly x

Ellis said...

Wonderful card you've made! =)
To amswer you question about our challenge at Mchelle Perkett, it's a color challenge and you can use anything as long as it are blue and brown! =)
Hope that will help and looking forward to see your creations!
Hugs, Elenor

Cheryl said...

This is adorable!

Purple Crazy said...

lovely cheery card, love the rose, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week.

Scrappychick said...

Adorable card! Love the flower and the image! Thanks for playing with the Pixies this week :)
Cyndi

Anonymous said...

Beyond cute card. I love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth

Carolynne said...

Love the card and love the colours, thanks for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon

xx

tiggertastic said...

love your green tones and the pearly pins in 2 colours

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K