Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Wednesday 13 April 2011

A Colour Challenge at FOR FUN this week

Good Morning all,

today sees us halfway through the week and hopefully ready for a crafty challenge to keep us all going until the weekend! I am at my caravan for a holiday with my beloved family, so let's hope everyone is enjoying the school Easter holiday in some glorious sunshine!

This week at FOR FUN we are offering you a COLOUR CHALLENGE.....we want to see AT LEAST 3 of the following colours on your creation:

PINK, PURPLE, GREEN, YELLOW, BLUE

We have a wonderful sponsor again this week. it's MELJEN'S DESIGNS, who are giving the winner 4 of their FAB images!
The full range of fab digi stamps are available to buy exclusively from Whimsy Stamps.




And so, onto my card....I have used one of the wonderful MelJen images, trio of cupcakes (which is available as a freebie) and the colours I chose are blue/purple, pink and green.


The BPs are all from a digi set called I Love Cupcakes from SCRAPBOOKINGMAD. They are matted and layered onto each other in different colour combos. I then did some faux stitching using my paper-piercing tool and a white gel marker pen around each panel. The image is coloured with Promarkers and cut with a nestie and I also inked the edges.


To complete I added a white grosgrain ribbon and threaded it through a freebie senti. I added some liquid pearls and stickles to highlight.


I am really disappointed with these photos, but try as I did, I wasn't able to get a true colour match, despite taking pics outside in good daylight, but I hope you get some idea of the fun, bright colours from these.

We would love to see you pop in over at the challenge blog to join us, and also to leave a comment for the DT who always work so hard on their wonderful creations......we all love to know what you think!

I would love to enter my card into the following challenges:
Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

sgc said...

Yummy looking cupcakes! Love all your layers. Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge.

Catherine said...

This is soooooo sweet Ali ! This card is yummy ! What a great backing paper ! Love it !

Teresa Jenkins said...

So cute! Gotta love cupcakes! Thanks so much for playing along at DDH!

Dawn said...

Such a Scrummy Card Ali! I love the image, the colours, the papers & the faux stitching!
Thank you so much for playing along again this month at My Grafico, where it's ALWAYS Anything Goes!
Good luck in your challenges & enjoy your hols!
Hugs
;Dawn xx

Barbara said...

Darling card, Angi. Love the color challenge!I have enjoyed visiting your blog. You inspire me with your wonderful ideas. I have something special for you on my blog. Please stop by when you have a minute. Hugs...Barbara
http://u-inspire-me.blogspot.com/2011/04/special-award.html!

maxine said...

Hi ali this is a lovely card, thanks for visiting my blog hugs maxine x

Stephanie said...

This is really sweet! Thanks for playing at DDH this week!

xxxtglxxx said...

this is gorgeous and so sweet! :) Yum, I love the candy colours!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Stephanie said...

Very cute, thanks for playing along at the Bug this week.

Anonymous said...

Meanwhile, what child doesn't LOVE a cupcake.
Great job! I think the card is wonderful.
Emily

Lori said...

What a super cute image and you've chosen absolutely PERFECT paper to go along with it. Great card! Thanks for sharing it at the Catch the Bug Challenge this week. I hope you'll join us for our Easter challenge too.
Lori

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Great design, coloring and color choices! [Sorry for deleting my previous comment. It had typos.]

Pankti said...

Great card. Thanks for playing in "Anything Goes" with "My Grafico".

Thanks,
Pankti
http://paintdlove.blogspot.com/