Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Monday 18 July 2011

Card for a Lion King Fan

I was asked by my SIL if I could make a card for a young lad in her class at school who she looks after sometimes at the weekend. Although he is going to be 13yrs old, he is still a huge fan of the Lion King. He has Downs Syndrome and very poor eyesight, so I wanted to keep it simple, not too many details.....here's what I made:
 I made a 6"x6" square basecard in black, and layered up some red, orange and yellow torn pieces of card. I also added a layer of red organza ribbon. The image has been layered up 3 times for dimension, and the sun/sentiment was made using Powerpoint. The font is called Flame, and I used a graduated 'fill' to give the sunset effect.
 Inside the card, I repeated the torn card effect, and added a panel edged in ink for her to write on.
Finally, I went around the edge of the card, and at the top of each layer with my gold Stickles. It is bold and bright, with some texture and dimension that he can feel too.
I hope he likes it!
Thanks for looking. :-D

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks fab Ali, ideal for the recipient! Bet he'll be blown away by it!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Doreen said...

A fabulous card,love the image.xxx

Anne-Marie said...

Looks very professional....love the ripped layers....he's gonna love it!