Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Someone Special...At The Stamping Boutique

I am thrilled to be working on The Stamping Boutique DT, and especially as my card this week is for such a fab challenge. The theme for this fortnight is 'For Someone Special.' We all have special people in our lives, and every once in a while it's nice to let them know how special they are to us. My card is for my youngest son, Noah...he will be 5 next month.


I used the Noah's Ark image from The Stamping Boutique to make this rocker card. The papers are Pink Petticoat Little Swirls. The image is coloured with promarkers cut out before mounting onto the card. The white waves are attached using foam pads for a 3D effect, then a few blue gems have been added. The 'Son' letters have been die cut using the Cuttlebug 'Hippie Chick' alphabet, as were the hearts. I added a ric-rac ribbon to the  base-edge of the rocker (hard to see in the pic!) and the final touch is a small 'Autism Awareness' ribbon on the RHS of the Ark, as my Noah has autism.

We would LOVE for you to join the challenge, and you don't have to use a Stamping Boutique image, although we love it when you do, so much so, you get entered for the prize twice!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Hope to see you over at THE STAMPING BOUTIQUE!

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

lovely card ... thanks for playing along at Just Some Lines!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh, so sweet! Thank you for joining our "Reminds Me of a Song" challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

Dawn said...

Ali, this is awesome! Noah will love it!
I love the ric rac at the bottom! Great toch for waves!
Good Luck in your challenges hun!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Debbie L said...

Beautiful card Ali with some fabulous touches that really make it so special. Noah is going to love it :D - Good luck with all your challenges xx

Arabella said...

This is so sweet! What a great image and I love that you made it a rocker card!

Thanks for joining us for the Boys Boys Boys challenge at Pollycraft this week!

Arabella

Annette said...

This is great, I love the ark theme for a boy. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at One Stop Craft this week.
Annette
xx

Niknak said...

Awesome card, love the shape! Thanks for joining us at southern girls.

Milliesmarvels said...

This is adorable! Thanks for joining us for the Pollycraft Challenge.
Jane
x

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Just Some Lines this challenge.

Love, Laura JSLDT