Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Thursday 1 December 2011

Crafty Stash Gettin' 'Sketchy!'

Good friends are the best, they forgive you whatever and are always there for you...I am very honoured to have made some such friends via my cardmaking, one of whom has her own website where she sells her wonderful designs. Debbie Lauder owner of CRAFTY STASH is her name, and today I am here to share the card I have made for the competition she has going on, which is a SKETCH challenge at Crafty Stash. Here's the sketch...


...and here's my card!


I made it for someone I know who's going through a difficult time...we all know how that feels right? I hope it helps to lift her spirits, its an adorable image, I couldn't resist using it! My papers are digi freebies, and I've added some punched flowers, an organza ribbon and some hand-drawn 'stitching' in red. I also added the 'Thinking of You' sentiment to the heart teddy is holding on the computer. The colour combo came when I found a paper to match the little 'patch' on the heart...the paper I used on the 'base' is really similar to the patch, and the stripy one was part of the same set...it's not something I would usually put together, but I think it really works!

Don't forget to pop over to CRAFTY STASH and see what treasures you can find, there are loads of freebies hidden amongst them too...and none of us can resist a freebie, especially when they are as great as the ones Debbie creates!

4 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a cute image it is sure to cheer up anyone!
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Debbie L said...

Aww you're too kind Ali. Thank you so much for finding the time to join in with us this month, your card is gorgeous and I'm sure your friend's spirit will be lifted when she receives it. It's gorgeous xx

Dawn said...

Ali I love your card! How could it not lift anyone's spirits! That bear is just soooo cute!
I love those papers too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Catherine said...

What a cute card Ali ! I love this little teddy, he is so sweet ! Hugs and love from Catherine