Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Thursday 7 June 2012

FILs Birthday

Oh dear :( What happened to the lovely sunshine? It's been positively vile here today, I wanted to snuggle down under my duvet and sleep until the sun comes back...d'you think I should've been born a tortoise or a squirrel, so I could hibernate all through the bad weather...?!!

So, its my FIL's birthday at the weekend, and being so close to Father's Day I always find it hard to come up with a theme for his cards, especially as he doesn't really have any hobbies...UNTIL NOW that is! In his mid 60s, he has JUST decided to get into gardening, and is planning to grow his own veggies for the very first time! Yay for him, AND yay for me! A theme for his card, and here it is.
I knew straight away that I wanted to use this adorable Digistamp Boutique image. I coloured it up with Promarkers and layered the boots and seed packets on foam pads for dimension.
I used kraft card and bakers twine for a rustic feel, and distressed the edges with inks. I added a circular sentiment cut out with a nestie, and finally I coloured 3 card candi dots using the same Promarkers as the main image. I am rather chuffed with how it turned out!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Digistamp Boutique - Monthly challenge for JUNE.
Lexi's Creations #66 - For the Men in our Lives.
Love to Create #18 - Father's Day OR Special Guy.
Here Come the Boys #28 - Anything Goes.
Platypus Creek Digitals #8 - For the Boys.
Robyn's Fetish #110 - No Square or Rectangle Cards (I hope mine qualifies, if not please delete it!)
Bugaboo Catch the Bug - Anything Goes.
Di's Digi Designs - Male Creations.
Little Claire #21 - Male Theme.

Thanks for popping in.

12 comments:

Dawn said...

Ohhhh Ali, this is just fabby dabby doo! Your FIL will be delighted to see his new hobby on his card!
I hope it goes well for him!
Good Luck in your challenges!
Hugs
Dawn x

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card, like your image and shape. Thanks for joining us at Robyns Fetish no square or rectangle challenge, good luck cheers Sue N x

Debbie said...

Hi Ali...fabulous card. What a great image and beautifully coloured too.
Hugs Debbie x

susan said...

Hi,
Your card does qualify for our "NO SQUARE AND NO RECTANGLE CARDS" theme at THE ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE. You are fine with this entry. Thanks for checking with us about that. Lovely card, too!

cotnob said...

I love this card Ali, fun image and fab colours.
Pauline
x

Joey said...

Fab card Ali, love the little image and the 3d boot. Joey xx

Unknown said...

Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time! Love your card.

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

Edwina said...

Very nice card shape. I love the garden scene. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish. Edwina Brown

Jo said...

Fab card, Ali, love the shape!Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time and good luck!
Hugs Jo x
DT

Anonymous said...

Love your image, your colour choice a fab card! Thanks for playing at Here Come The Boys Good Luck in the challenge! Woo x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card love the sweet image just adorable, thanks for sharing with us over at Love to Create, big hugs Jo xxx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Fantastic card....

Thanks for joining us at Little Claires & good luck :o)
hugs and xxx
Gemma