Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Sunday 1 July 2012

It's Perfectly NATURAL !!

Goodness, I can't believe its been 2 weeks since my last blogpost, that NEVER happens...did you miss me?! Life has been VERY hectic these last couple of weeks,a nd still a couple more to go before our littlies break for the summer hols, so apologies in advance if I'm not around much for these next couple of weeks too.

Anyway, onto the REAL reason I'm here, and that's to let you all know about the latest challenge #177 at THE CRAFTY PAD. This week, the thesme has been chosen by our very lovely and talented Estelle, and that theme is.........

IT'S NATURAL

We want to see you use something NATURAL on your creations, be it dried flowers, sand, shells, feathers, twigs, dried leaves etc. And this week we are lucky to have TWO sponsors....

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS by L.R. Designs with £10.00 to spend in their online store


And Crafty Individuals with the following prize:
Prize consists of:
2 red rubber Postcard Stamps
1 pack 6x6 ' Travel in Italy' themed Backing Papers
1 sheet of A4 Glossy 'Tags' Toppers

And so, onto my card:


I have made an A5 card using one of THE CRAFTY PAD DESIGNS fab freebies available from the challenge blog.
My DPs are available from TCP shop, and are just one of several digital paper sets available: these are called Mint & Cream Delight. I used Kraft card for matting and kept the design simple.


As you can see, I created a frame for the image using SUNFLOWER SEEDS, which are my 'natural' element, and they are stuck with Pinflair. I coloured my image with Promarkers, cut it out and raised it with foam pads .


The sentiment I have used is from one of the sets at The Crafty Pad Designs Shop; click HERE to see all available sentiments.


I decorated the inside to match. On the main cardfront, I also added 2 punched MS borders and some natural jute twine, which I knotted at each end and stitched onto the card.

I do hope you will join us this week for our challenge, please take a moment to check out the DT inspiration on the challenge blog...It's Team B this week with some seriously top notch samples.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


17 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh yes, we did miss you Ali ! I love your card ! The sunflower seeds look fantastic around the frame ! What a great idea ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

cotnob said...

I love this card Ali, the sunflower seeds are the perfect embellishment.
Pauline
x

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Fab card Ali, as always! Love the use of the seeds with the flower image - just pulls it all together beautifully!

Hugs, Estelle xx

NancyD said...

Great card! Love the sunflower seeds idea! Thanks for joining our "Anything goes" challenge at Love to Create. NancyD

M said...

Found you on the Allsorts linky tool.. Love this image, and very clever to use sunflower seeds for the frame. M x

Laney said...

wow fabulous frame! and fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at BMC
hugs
Laney

Dawn said...

You already know I love this card! I think your natural elements are just fab! I love sunflower seeds! If those weren't stuck down......
Great to see you back hun!!!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Dana Joy said...

How cute and I love our sunflower seed frame. Thanks for playing with us at PTT.

Vee Cassidy said...

A lovely card, I like your sunflower seeds. Thank you for joining us at LEJ Designs; good luck in the challenge. Vee xx

Sassy Cheryl said...

Life does pull us in weird directions sometimes. Glad your back. . . .and this is simply a beautiful card. LOVE the image and that wonderful sentiment.
Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SUMMER fun challenge this week!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the sunflower and what a brilliant idea to use seeds to frame it. Thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge
Lindsay xx

Nicola said...

Great card Ali, love the sunflower seed frame and the gorgeous sunflower image!
Thanks for using flowers on your creation for us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

such a lovely card love how you used sun flower seeds as an embellishment thanks for joining us at fat pages and cards with attitude and good luck emma xxx

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card ♥
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!

Hugz Fleur xXx

Tammy Miller said...

I love this project! Thanks so much for playing along with our Theme challenge over at Catch the Bug! We are so happy to have you and hope that you will join us again very soon for our next challenge!

Manderly said...

Great image, beautiful work and such a fun idea to use sunflower seeds! You created a very lovely natural card! Thanks so much for entering Fat Pages Cards with Attitude Challenge. You can enter your same card in our sister challenge, ATC's Card with Attitude. Great sponsors and Top 3 over there too! Hoping to see you again.
Manderly, DT
xxxooo
manderlylynn@blogspot.com

Purple mad Alison said...

Absolutely brilliant idea :)so original.Amazing.
Thanks for joining us over on Fat Pages With Attitude.
Hugs Alison x x