Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Sunday 9 September 2012

It's SCRAPTASTIC at The Crafty Pad!!

Morning folks,
 
I do hope you are enjoying a weekend of fantastic weather, just as we are lucky enough to have here?
 
Our lovely Estelle has set the challenge over at The Crafty Pad this week, and her chosen theme is
 
SCRAPTASTIC!
 
We want to see you use up your 'scraps' and leftovers from previous projects, and tell us about what you used in your post.
 
Here's what I came up with:
 
 
Firstly, I must thank Helen (Crafty MamaMia) whose card for the special month-long BCA challenge inspired me to make this.
 
 
My image is called Umbrella - whimsy 2 from The Stamping Boutique, who are one of the 2 sponsors we have for this week's challenge. I coloured with Promarkers and added some blue gems and Glamour Dust.
 
 
 
 
For the base card, I used a piece of A4 card in my 'don't throw...you never know' box, that had a section already cut from it, and managed to draw around a tea-plate to get the main shape! The papers I've added are scraps from previous projects, from Nitwits. The piece of cheesecloth behind the image was one i had previously cut for a project but it was too small, so I inked it with a TH Distress pad and staped it to the card. The piece of lace was one I had also cut but not used previously.
 
 

The sentiment is one I actually use quite a lot, printed onto a scrap piece of paper.  The flowers were punched from the leftover DP  and the swirl was another leftover from a previous project. I made some posh pins which are positioned to help 'balance' the card and some heart-shaped gems to finish.

Our other sponsor this week is Lili of The Valley!


Be sure to pop over to the challenge blog and check out what the DT have created with the images!
 
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Hope you will join us!

9 comments:

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Gorgeous card Ali - love the muted colours and all the gorgeous embellishments.
Helen x

Catherine said...

What a fantastic creation Ali ! I love the shape and your embellies are gorgeous ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

rachel said...

I absolutel love this Ali - its brilliant on every level! Hugs Rachel xx

Dawn said...

Ali, your card is just fantastic! I love all the things from your "Don't throw" box!
I love the colour combo too!

Hugs
Dawn xx

nwilliams6 said...

This is wonderful. I love the colors, the image, your darling flowers, and that really wonderful card shape.

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

I do really love this Ali, fab use of your leftover bits and bobs!

Hugs, Estelle xx

Laila said...

this is absolutely stunning!! great, unique creation, thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy.
-Laila

Unknown said...

Oh this is adorable! Love that umbrella with the tiny gems, so sweet! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, have a great weekend, hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Sazzle said...

Congratulations Aqualeiga you have been hand picked as one of our Top 5 over at Fussy and Fancy.

Please pop over to the challenge blog to pick up your badge.


xx Sazzle xx